Tuesday, July 17, 2007

In the beginning...

As the saying goes, better late than never. Even though blogs have been in vogue for quite some time now, I'd like to welcome you to the WCHA Blog. This blog will, as the description at the top of the page suggests, "touch on all aspects of Division I NCAA Men's Ice Hockey, but as the name suggests, this blog will primarily focus on the Western Collegiate Hockey Association, which is home to 10 teams that have combined to win a total of 36 national championships since it's inception in 1951."

I'll try to keep this somewhat updated, since no matter what time of the year it is, there always seems to be some sort of applicable news.

As you can see, the left side of this blog will be devoted to actual blog entries, while on the right side you'll find several links which may be useful to the average WCHA fan. Among other things, links to other WCHA-related blogs and message boards, informational websites, official school websites, and newspaper websites can all be accessed.

It should be noted up front that yes, I am a University of Minnesota fan. However, I feel confident that I'll be able to keep bias out of any factual articles. The WCHA Blog will represent both fact and opinion, and I will do my best to denote the differences between the two. For what it's worth, I do hold a degree in journalism, and do know the importance of keeping a distinction between factual items and opinions.